Described as 'innovative and visionary' in 2016 by Ofsted, the celebrated programme developed in 2010 by our CEO, has guided 1000's of nurseries, primary schools, secondary schools, colleges and businesses nationally and internationally to successfully embed gender, gender identity and sexual orientation into the fabric of their organisation
- Do you know where to start?
- Need coaching to successfully create sustainable change in your school or organisation?
- Would you like to increase the confidence of your whole staff body?
- Need supporting resources to help you on our journey?
Our highly skilled and experienced consultants have successfully led the Award Programme in their own school or organisation. They are ready to pass on their knowledge to you and mentor your lead staff through the change process.
Our consultants will share their extensive knowledge with you and are always on hand to support and reassure.
Over the 12-month programme you will receive:
- Phone, Email and Online support
- Monthly one-to-one coaching & mentoring sessions with your lead members of staff
- Data collected from stakeholders throughout to inform interventions
- Online training for your entire staff body
- Schools receive: A PRIDE Book collection for your library and classrooms
- Free access to premium resources in our MEMBERS ONLY AREA
- PRIDE Youth Network for schools and a PRIDE Network for organisations: The facilitation of a campaigning or steering group with mentoring for the lead/s
- An Action Plan and targets in the five core areas of Training, Policy, Curriculum, Environment and Community to achieve your Bronze, Silver or Gold Award
- Participation in our activities, events, competitions, conferences and webinars
We also offer bespoke EDI training for leadership teams and governors, you can find out more information here.
Full Award Programme (schools)
Delivered online over 12 months to support you to achieve your Bronze, Silver or Gold Award.
Our school cohorts start in January and September. You can register at any time to reserve your place for the next cohort.
Please complete the form at the bottom of the page.
Renew and/or upgrade to Silver or Gold
To maintain best practice, after two years your PRIDE in EDI Award will need to be renewed. Please complete the form at the bottom of the page or contact us
Watch our E&C Conference Award Schools Panel
Our panellists are experienced educationalists who lead the PRIDE in EDI Award in their own school. They will give open and honest testimonials of quick wins and strategies for long term sustainable change.
Thanks to John Lyon's Charity, we have been able to ensure that schools in Hammersmith & Fulham, Brent, Westminster and Ealing are all LGBT+ friendly through staff training, PRIDE workshops for pupils and our PRIDE in Inclusion Award programme
'I am just emailing to pass on my wholehearted support for the Educate & Celebrate EDI Award programme. I consider it to be the school's (and my own!) duty to prepare my children for life in an ever-changing, constantly diversifying 21st century Britain. I want my children, and their friends, to know that there is no such thing as 'normal' or 'right', and that to accept and value others who may appear to be different to oneself is an unquestioning attribute of a fair and just society.'
Over 70 schools in Durham have achieved their PRIDE in Inclusion award to date, thanks to our long standing partnership with Durham County Council Children and Young People's Services. We have also been able to provide training for council staff.