Join 1000's of schools on their journey to LGBT+ inclusion through our pioneering PRIDE in Inclusion Award Programme
The perfect programme to achieve all your Diversity & Inclusion objectives
Described as 'innovative and visionary' in 2016 by Ofsted, the celebrated programme developed in 2010 by our CEO, has guided 1000's of nurseries, primary schools, secondary schools, colleges nationally and internationally to successfully embed gender, gender identity and sexual orientation into the fabric of their organisation
- Want to know where to start?
- Need support with quick wins and long term sustainable change?
- Want to empower and give confidence to your staff body?
Our highly skilled and experienced E&C facilitators will support you through the change process.
All our trainers have led the Award Programme in their own schools and have coached numerous teachers, leadership teams and governors through the Award Programme.
They will share their extensive knowledge and strategies with you and are always on hand to support and reassure.
Over the 12-month programme you receive:
- Phone, Email and Online support
- Monthly one-to-one coaching & mentoring sessions with your lead teachers
- Data collected from staff and pupils throughout to inform interventions
- Bespoke training for Governors and Leadership Teams
- Online training for teaching and support staff
- A PRIDE Book collection for your library and classrooms
- Free access to premium resources in our MEMBERS ONLY AREA
- The facilitation of a PRIDE Youth Network with mentoring for your lead teacher and networking opportunities for pupils
- An Action Plan and targets in the five core areas of Training, Policy, Curriculum, Environment and Community to achieve your Bronze, Silver or Gold Award
- Participation in our activities, events and competitions
- Participation in our Annual Conference
Data from initial staff meetings in 2019-20 showed a:
- 36% increase in confidence to be LGBT+ inclusive in lessons
- 80% increase in confidence talking to parents
- 30% increase in confidence talking to students
(delivered online over 12 months to achieve your Bronze, Silver of Gold Award)
Please complete the form at the bottom of the page.
Renew your Award or Upgrade to Silver or Gold
To maintain best practice, after two years your PRIDE in Inclusion Award will need to be renewed. Please complete the form at the bottom of the page or contact us
Thanks to John Lyon's Charity, we have funded places for schools in Hammersmith & Fulham, Brent, Westminster and Ealing.
'I want to say how fantastic Elly has been to bring about a complete transformation of our school. The Educate & Celebrate programme in our school has enabled LGBT people, staff and pupils to talk about issues’
"I have so much admiration for the important work that you do, and only wish it had been around when I was at school - but I am very happy that today's young people will hopefully be having more positive experiences as a result."
"I am just emailing to pass on my wholehearted support for the Educate and Celebrate curriculum program adopted by Chad Vale. As a parent at the school, I consider it to be the school's (and my own!) duty to prepare my children for life in an ever-changing, constantly diversifying 21st century Britain. I want my children, and their friends, to know that there is no such thing as 'normal' or 'right', and that to accept and value others who may appear to be different to oneself is an unquestioning attribute of a fair and just society." (YR/1 Parent)