Join thousands of schools and organisations on their journey to LGBT+ inclusion through our pioneering PRIDE in Inclusion Award Programme
The perfect programme to achieve all your Equality, Diversity & Inclusion objectives
Described as 'innovative and visionary' in 2016 by Ofsted, the celebrated programme developed in 2010 by our CEO, has guided 1000's of nurseries, primary schools, secondary schools, colleges and businesses nationally and internationally to successfully embed gender, gender identity and sexual orientation into the fabric of their organisation
- Want to know where to start?
- Need support with quick wins and strategies for long term sustainable change?
- Want to empower and give confidence to your staff body?
Our highly skilled and experienced trainers have successfully led the Award Programme in their own school or organisation. They are ready to pass on their knowledge to coach your staff, leadership teams, management teams and governors through the change process.
They will share their extensive knowledge and strategies with you and are always on hand to support and reassure.
Over the 12-month programme you receive:
- Phone, Email and Online support
- Monthly one-to-one coaching & mentoring sessions with your lead members of staff
- Data collected from stakeholders throughout to inform interventions
- Bespoke training for Governors, Boards, Management teams and Leadership Teams
- Online training for your entire staff body
- Schools receive: A PRIDE Book collection for your library and classrooms
- Free access to premium resources in our MEMBERS ONLY AREA
- PRIDE Youth Network for schools and a PRIDE Network for organisations: The facilitation of a campaigning or steering group with mentoring for the lead/s
- An Action Plan and targets in the five core areas of Training, Policy, Curriculum, Environment and Community to achieve your Bronze, Silver or Gold Award
- Participation in our activities, events, competitions, conferences and webinars
Data from initial staff meetings in 2019-20 showed a:
- 36% increase in confidence to be LGBT+ inclusive in lessons
- 80% increase in confidence talking to parents
- 30% increase in confidence talking to students
SUPPORT ELLY IN RAISING FUNDS FOR E&C THIS HALF TERM 💜
Our very own Dr Elly Barnes MBE, Founder and CEO of Educate & Celebrate is walking the Camino De Santiago this October to raise money to support the vital work we all do at E&C.
" This is a huge personal challenge to complete my first Camino De Santiago: 80km over 4 days at the end of October 21 to raise money for my big love in life, E&C. I've been in training for over a year now and have managed to accumulate several injuries alongside broken, black and disappearing toe nails; however I'm getting fitter, breathing easier, climbing epic mountains and generally getting stronger" Dr Elly Barnes MBE
Delivered online over 12 months to achieve your Bronze, Silver of Gold Award
Registration is now open to start the award programme in January 2022.
Please complete the form at the bottom of the page.
Renew your Award or Upgrade to Silver or Gold
To maintain best practice, after two years your PRIDE in Inclusion Award will need to be renewed. Please complete the form at the bottom of the page or contact us
PRIDE in Inclusion Award Regional Leaders Programme
For those who have completed their GOLD Award to become leaders within the wider community and with partner organisations. A 12 month project based accreditation contact us to join
PRIDE in Inclusion Award
Best Practice Schools
Hosted by our Founder and CEO Dr Elly Barnes MBE, our panellists are all experienced educationalists who lead the
PRIDE in Inclusion Award in their own schools. They will give open and honest testimonials of quick wins and strategies for long term sustainable change.
Thanks to John Lyon's Charity, we have funded places for schools in Hammersmith & Fulham, Brent, Westminster and Ealing.
"I have so much admiration for the important work that you do, and only wish it had been around when I was at school - but I am very happy that today's young people will hopefully be having more positive experiences as a result."
"I am just emailing to pass on my wholehearted support for the Educate and Celebrate curriculum program adopted by Chad Vale. As a parent at the school, I consider it to be the school's (and my own!) duty to prepare my children for life in an ever-changing, constantly diversifying 21st century Britain. I want my children, and their friends, to know that there is no such thing as 'normal' or 'right', and that to accept and value others who may appear to be different to oneself is an unquestioning attribute of a fair and just society." (YR/1 Parent)