‘After the training, our school has been filled with chat, the posters have gone up and we have joined the members area. Thank you for all the fantastic resources. On behalf of our whole school community, thank you very much for the high quality training. You have sown some great seeds and also given us the tools and confidence to take things forward for everyone’
Head of School, Woodside Academy
We provide all materials and resources for participants; we ask you to provide the venue with AV equipment and refreshments and liaise together with regards to recruitment.
Our CPD Days are welcoming, relaxed and interactive, empowering all participants to go on the journey to inclusion developing strategies to bring the whole school and community on board.
The day will highlight inclusive language, increase knowledge of legislation and new curriculum requirements, develop subject knowledge, experience an extensive range of activities and resources, access case studies and successful strategies, be given display materials and network with other schools.
The practical and teacher-friendly training is designed to empower you to lead the initiative within your own school. You will leave with numerous materials, exemplar policies and an action to start delivering the very next day!
Key learning points:
- To develop a deeper understanding of sexual orientation, gender and gender identity, why it is necessary to include these protected characteristics in our curriculum and what we need to do to ensure their full inclusion and equilibrium with other equality strands
- Curriculum development in all subject areas and key stages including RSE, PHSE and RE
- Exploring the ethos of interrogating heteronormativity, encouraging intersectionality in the curriculum through the pedagogy of ‘usualising’
- To experience real life examples from our partner schools and colleges, through films, exemplar lessons, language, law, Ofsted criteria and expectations, examples of environmental changes and community events.
- Developing a personalised action plan – participants are encouraged throughout to think where in their day to day school life this work would best fit
- Increased subject and LGBT+ knowledge
- Exploration of quick wins and strategies and resources for long term sustainable change