We deliver a relaxed, fun and interactive day that takes all participants on the journey to inclusion using strategies to bring the whole school and community on board.
The day will highlight inclusive language, increase knowledge of legislation and new curriculum requirements, develop subject knowledge, experience an extensive range of activities and resources, access case studies and successful strategies, be given display materials and network with other schools.
The practical and teacher-friendly training is designed to empower you to lead the initiative within your own school. You will leave with numerous materials, exemplar policies and an action to start delivering the very next day!
Key learning points:
- To develop a deeper understanding of sexual orientation, gender and gender identity, why it is necessary to include these protected characteristics in our curriculum and what we need to do to ensure their full inclusion and equilibrium with other equality strands
- Curriculum development in all subject areas and key stages including RSE, PHSE and RE
- Exploring the ethos of interrogating heteronormativity, encouraging intersectionality in the curriculum through the pedagogy of ‘usualising’
- To experience real life examples from our partner schools and colleges, through films, exemplar lessons, language, law, Ofsted criteria and expectations, examples of environmental changes and community events.
- Developing a personalised action plan – participants are encouraged throughout to think where in their day to day school life this work would best fit
- Increased subject and LGBT+ knowledge
- Exploration of quick wins and strategies and resources for long term sustainable change
Register here for the next CPD day
Saturday 22nd June
NEU, Hamilton House, Mabledon Place, London WC1H 9BD View Map
Free to those registered on the Award Programme and NEU members