We regularly partner with Councils, Boroughs, Unions, Consortiums, Trusts and Organisations to deliver Continuing Professional Development Days.
These are now also available as webinar packages for your staff, employees and members.
We offer 1 hour webinars which can be booked for your specified date for all employees to access. To give you flexibility, when you book three 1 hour webinars you have the choice of having them delivered on the same day, on different weeks, different months or spread out throughout the academic year. Three webinars rolled out over the academic year works particularly well for County Councils and Consortiums.
Examples of current webinars are:
- An introduction to gender identity and sexual orientation – law, policy, inclusive language and the impact this has on school life
- Environment and Curriculum Focus – exploring resources for all subject areas at all key stages. Exemplar lessons and assemblies
- Community Focus – How to engage young people and families in positive change, signposting to services, successful interventions
Key learning points:
- To develop a deeper understanding of sexual orientation, gender and gender identity, why it is necessary to include these protected characteristics in our curriculum and what we need to do to ensure their full inclusion and equilibrium with other equality strands
- Curriculum development in all subject areas and key stages including RSE, PHSE and RE
- Exploring the ethos of interrogating heteronormativity, encouraging intersectionality in the curriculum through the pedagogy of ‘usualising’
- To experience real life examples from our partner schools and colleges, through films, exemplar lessons, language, law, Ofsted criteria and expectations, examples of environmental changes and community events.
- Developing a personalised action plan – participants are encouraged throughout to think where in their day to day school life this work would best fit
- Increased subject and LGBT+ knowledge
- Exploration of quick wins and strategies and resources for long term sustainable change
Data from initial and exit surveys from EDI Staff Training for Councils, Boroughs and Unions in April 2022 showed :
- 100% increase in confidence to be LGBT+ inclusive in the workplace
- 84% increase in knowledge of gender identitity and sexual orientation.
- 100% of attendees were more than satisified with the webinar.
- £400 for a 60 minute webinar with downloadable resources and all accompanying materials.
- £600 for a 90 minute webinar with downloadable resources and all accompanying materials.
- £1000 for a package of three 1 hour webinars over one academic year or delivered as a whole development day.
The minimum charge for a webinar is £400.
For bespoke services, please contact us to discuss your requirements.
Please complete the registration form at the bottom of the page.
Phil Hodgson, Strategic Manager Professional Support and Development for Children and Young People’s Services at Durham County Council talks about why they have been in partnership with E&C with for over 7 years and why they will continue working with us and the young people in County Durham.
' Thank you for delivering a crystal clear and concise webinar yesterday, it was terrific '
'Amazing what you achieve in an hour, very well planned. Lovely to see the schools and all their inclusive wonderful work.'
' This was my first webinar on the topic of inclusion relating to LGBT+ in an office setting, and it went above and beyond what I had expected, really grateful and inspired, thank you.'
' It is so important for our children, their parents and teachers to feel as though they have the support and acceptance within their local community on a daily basis. PRIDE was a fantastic example this year of how we can come together to raise awareness, this now needs to be a priority and is our responsibility to ensure that our children are able to grow up as happy and healthy individuals, regardless of their sexuality or identity '
'I just wanted to say a great big thank you for the training last night. We all thoroughly enjoyed it and there was so much positive feedback. Staff said it was very informative, the time just flew by and one member of staff commented that it was the best training we've had. The staff are literally buzzing with ideas to get started, so I just wanted to say THANK YOU from me too. Your passion for this area and style of delivery was brilliant!!'