Speaker: Dr Elly Barnes MBE, Founder and CEO, Educate & Celebrate
- Date: September 22, 2021
- Time: 14:00 – 15:00
The webinar aims to support participants to confidently understand and use LGBT+ terminology and language with a focus on International Pronouns Day (October 20).
Training topics will include:
- Discuss LGBT+ language, its history and why and how it has changed
- Explore heteronormative and cisnormative practices and consider a gender-free model
- Experience real life examples from partner schools, through films, language and resources
- Empower schools to make positive changes for the benefit of all stakeholders.
- Increased understanding of LGBT+ terminology
- Resources to use in schools to promote understanding
- Increased understanding of the emotional significance of pronouns, as well as practical reasons.