Examples of current webinars are:
- An introduction to gender identity and sexual orientation – law, policy, inclusive language and the impact this has on school life
- Environment and Curriculum Focus – exploring resources for all subject areas at all key stages. Exemplar lessons and assemblies
- How to integrate LGBT+ content into the whole curriculum: for nursery, primary and secondary teachers
Please fill in the form below and we will be in touch to make further arrangements with you!
We regularly partner with Universities and Initial Teacher Training providers to ensure trainees have the knowledge and confidence to deliver an LGBT+ inclusive curriculum before they secure posts.
The sessions are relaxed, fun and interactive and empower trainees to firstly recognise discrimination and then go on to develop an intersectional curriculum where all are represented through the language and resources we use.
Trainees will leave with increased knowledge of law and school legislation, lots of curriculum resources including a booklist, lesson plans, posters and songs, display ideas, exemplar policies, how to increase visibility and engage with the school and wider community – plus having all their questions answered openly and honestly!
Data from initial and exit surveys from EDI Staff Training for ITT, SCITT and PGCE providers in April 2022 showed :
- 94% increase in confidence to be LGBT+ inclusive in the workplace
- 94% increase in knowledge of gender identitity and sexual orientation.
- 97% of attendees were more than satisified with the webinar.
£400 for a maximum of 2 hours webinar with a short study break in the middle with pre and post session tasks.
£1000 for a package of three webinars over one academic year or delivered as a whole development day.
The minimum charge for a webinar is £400.
For bespoke services, please contact us to discuss your requirements.
Please complete the registration form at the bottom of the page.
South Birmingham SCITT ITT Course Manager, Emma Thomas and trainee teachers talk about the skills, knowledge and confidence they now have after training with E&C
' A wonderful session with great ideas to take forward into school and classroom
I am much more aware of the legal obligations, however I am slightly more worried about getting the language wrong or making LGBT+ inclusive in my teaching.
This was an amazing session, so moving and powerful. Really enjoyed it and would love to participate in more sessions in the future.'
' I didn't realise how little I knew on the different terminology used so thank you for that. Amazing session - Thank you so much '