Why do students need these workshops?
- To enable leadership in inclusive practices and decision making.
- Students need to be able to challenge environments that can be hostile.
- Training, knowledge and debate are all great ways that enable students to build and strengthen their personal development and self esteem.
Examples of current webinars are:
- What is LGBT+? - Getting the language right in 2022.
- Identity - How to break the binary and be gender inclusive.
- LGBT+ inclusion - Law, history and intersectionality.
- To have an awareness of legal obligations surrounding LGBT+ inclusion.
- Develop leadership & project management skills.
- Have an understanding of the impact of heteronormative and cisnormative language and discriminatory practices.
- Empower to challenge and effect change.
- Develop influencing and negotiation skills.
- £150 per session
- £600 for a full day
We are able to deliver these on any day of the week and can be flexible with times
Utilising Pupil Voice through your PRIDE Youth Network
Our PRIDE in Equity, Diversity & Inclusion school, Cockfield Primary, County Durham have been celebrating diversity 'Who is under your umbrella?'
'Very important to introduce young children to all of this language and to not be sheltered like I was. Thank you'
' I just wanted to say how happy we are for our daughter to be educated and informed about the importance of celebrating differences from such an early age! In our family everyone is perfect and loved, just as they are. I think it's a wonderful message of kindness and acceptance. It can only be a positive thing to do. Thank you.' (Y4 parent)
'Loved the session, so important to include this in the curriculum! Very helpful and I love all the resources we can use in the classroom.'