PRIDE in Primary Education is a range of resources to help make primary schools LGBT+Friendly.
The resources and accompanying training will enable teachers and pupils to engage in an LGBT+Inclusive curriculum though the language and literacy strategy, through song and dance, a plethora of activities and through subject specific lessons.
‘Informative and practical – particularly the range of stories to provoke discussion‘ Lambeth Equalities Conference delegate Feb 2015
‘The training gave us the confidence to challenge stereotypes and the ability to discuss LGBT issues as they occur in our school. The books and imagery highlight and celebrate the diversity of family life’ Birmingham teacher
- To order your PRIDE in Primary Education book collection CLICK HERE
- To download a pdf of our PRIDE in Primary Education book Collection CLICK HERE
- To listen and download our songbook of SING-A-LONG action songs CLICK HERE
- To register for our Educate & Celebrate ‘Best Practice programme’ click here
- To attend our 1 day CPD course please register here
- To book an in-house INSET please look here
‘I was shocked to hear that a lovely story ‘Tango Makes Three’ about a family of penguins with two fathers has been banned in so many countries around the world. This is not the world I want our children to grow up in so I am proud to be part of this project and proud that Birmingham found Elly to lead this groundbreaking work’ Sarah Hewitt-Clarkson Headteacher Anderton Park School
Work produced by a year 6 class