Thanks to you for the webinar yesterday. It was brilliant – Elly’s expertise and energy were both inspiring and the online format worked really well. It was also great to lift our heads above the day to day realities of lockdown and focus on taking our schools forward positively in the future. I certainly hope that there will be more virtual seminars in the future and would not hesitate to recommend them! – Deputy Headteacher
We deliver relaxed, fun and interactive sessions that take participants on the journey to inclusion using strategies to bring the whole school and community on board.
The sessions highlight inclusive language, increase knowledge of legislation and new curriculum requirements, develop subject knowledge, experience an extensive range of interactive activities and resources, access case studies and successful strategies, be given links to display materials and network opportunities with other schools.
The practical and teacher-friendly training is designed to empower you to lead the initiative within your own school. You will leave with numerous materials, exemplar policies and an action plan to start delivering the very next day!
Key learning points:
- To develop a deeper understanding of sexual orientation, gender and gender identity, why it is necessary to include these protected characteristics in our curriculum and what we need to do to ensure their full inclusion and equilibrium with other equality strands
- Curriculum development in all subject areas and key stages including RSE, PHSE and RE
- Exploring the ethos of interrogating heteronormativity, encouraging intersectionality in the curriculum through the pedagogy of ‘usualising’
- To experience real life examples from our partner schools and colleges, through films, exemplar lessons, language, law, expectations, examples of environmental changes and community events.
- Developing an action plan – participants are encouraged throughout to think where in their day to day school life this work would best fit
- Increased subject and LGBT+ knowledge
- Exploration of quick wins and long term strategies and resources for sustainable change
Register here for our latest webinar training
- How to successfully communicate with parents
- How to create a gender-inclusive environment
- How to integrate LGBT+ content into Relationships and Sex Education and the whole curriculum
- Online whole Staff Training £400 for up to 90 mins. This includes a website and policy consultation
Webinar Courses £8 donation per attendee. See courses below
Bespoke online training for your organisation or school can be organised upon request. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements
- Training Days £250 per person (face-to-face CPD Days) Dates TBC after lockdown